ACHTERGROND - Wikileaks’ publicatie van de zogenaamde ‘Sony hack’ (vind ervan wat je vindt, moreeltechnisch gezien) biedt een fascinerend inkijkje in de moderne filmindustrie. Zo weten we nu dat Sony, eigenaar van de filmrechten van Spider-Man, contractueel verplicht is om het personage aan deze eisen te laten voldoen:
Mandatory Spider-Man Character Traits. Spider-Man (whether Peter Parker or an alternative Spider-Man character) must always strictly conform to the following “Mandatory Character Traits”:
- Does not torture*
- Does not kill unless in defense of self or others*
- Does not use foul language beyond PG-13
- Does not smoke tobacco*
- Does not sell/distribute illegal drugs*
- Does not abuse alcohol*
- Does not have sex before the age of 16, does not have sex with anyone below the age of 16
- Not a homosexual (unless Marvel has portrayed that alter ego as a homosexual)Items with a * are permitted while Spider-Man is wearing the black/symbiote suit.
[…]Peter Parker Character Traits. Depiction of Peter Parker or his Spider-Man alter ego must conform to the following character traits:
- His full name is Peter Benjamin Parker.
- He is Caucasian and heterosexual.
- His parents become absent from his life during his childhood.
- From the time his parents become absent he is raised by Aunt May and Uncle Ben in New York City
- He gains his powers while attending either middle school or college.
- He gains his powers from being bitten by a spider
- He designs his first red and blue costume.
- The black costume is a symbiote and is not designed by him
- He is raised in a middle class household in Queens, New York
- He attends or attended high school in Queens, New York, and he attends or attended college in New York City, New York.